How does a player get better? How does a player extract the most talent out of their abilities before it’s too late. I have played this game for a long time and experienced the ups and downs of an athlete.
Here are 7 ways I got the most out of my talent.
1. Have aspiration- The only way you will be able to overcome the hardships that baseball will give you is to surround yourself with aspriations. Dream of becoming a big-leaguer. Desire to become the “home-town hero”. Make baseball a way for a better life. This is how you use baseball to make life more exciting.
2. Have a vision- The best way to make your aspiration a reality is to be clear with what you want in baseball, make it as clear as a movie in your mind’s eye and stick to it until you experience it. Your thoughts become your future reality.
3. Enjoy the process- Don’t let the ups and downs of baseball ruin your ability to enjoy the game. Baseball is a priveledge. Have fun and the rest will take care of it’s self. Slumps bad coaches, injuries and all!
4. Thank your parents- You will never know how much your parents truly care for you even if they have trouble showing it. Don’t forget to show your appreciation from time to time!
5. Play harder- There has never been a player that has layed on their death bed and said,” geez, i wish I would have played baseball with a little less effort!”. Play each game as though it’s your last!
6. Play smarter- This game is always about the most talented or strongest. It’s also about who can make the adjustments. Guess what? 99.999 of those adjustments are purely mental.
7. Take care of your arm- Listen to your arm. If it hurts don’t throw. If you have to throw, get your rest and eat right.